The primary role for board members is to support the work of California Advisory Council on Military Education (CA-ACME) and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Each board member, based on their knowledge and expertise is appointed by the President to serve on committees as a committee chair and/or committee member.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the President as s/he develops and implements the strategic plan.
- Review outcomes and metrics created by CA-ACME for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Approve CA-ACME’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; be informed of and meet all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assist the Board in identifying and recruiting other board members and members at large.
- Serve on committees or task forces and take on special assignments.
- Represent CA-ACME to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.