The Past President is advisor to the California Advisory Council on Military Education (CA-ACME) President and Board. The Past President shall help the President to transition into their new role, lead, oversee and is ultimately responsible for all functions of the organization, ensuring its continued growth and development, continuity, and financial stability. The Past President also works with the other Executive Officers, and the Advisors to ensure transition after board elections.
- Assist with transitioning all responsibilities to the new President.
- Advise Board Members, as needed.
- Ensure all account passwords are changed.
- Assist the President by ensuring the Board adheres to its bylaws, policies, and constitution.
- Assist the President Elect, ensure and provide adequate training opportunities for board members when appropriate.
- Review bylaws after new board is elected, recommend and solicit bylaw changes as needed.
- Monitoring and accountability of strategic plan.
- Ensure that organizational actions conform to the bylaws.