The Secretary for California Advisory Council on Military Education (CA-ACME) is responsible for ensuring that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements, and to enable authorized persons to determine when, how, and by whom the Board’s business was conducted. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, and subject to the organizational bylaws, the Secretary records minutes of meetings, ensures their accuracy and availability, proposes policies and practices, submits various reports to the board, maintains membership records, fulfills any other requirements of an officer, and performs other duties as the need arises and/or as defined in the bylaws.
- Maintain records of the board and organization.
- Approve CA-ACME’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Work with the Treasurer and the President to ensure all proper documentation is being accurately submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Carry out special assignments as requested by the Board.
- Is sufficiently familiar with legal documents to note applicability during meetings; i.e. Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Should the President and Vice President be unavailable, the Secretary shall be a designated signing officer for certain documents on behalf of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring that documents necessary to maintain the organization are filed and up-to-date.
- Ensure proper communication and timely notifications are provided to the Board.
- Participate in trainings when necessary.