The Treasurer has primary responsibility for management and control of California Advisory Council on Military Education (CA-ACME) funds as well as the overall fiscal health of the organization. The Treasurer works with the Board to ensure that proper records are maintained, and that they reflect the current financial condition of CA-ACME. These records include cash, outstanding advances, investments, accounts receivable and other assets, accounts payable, and fund balances. The Treasurer also works with the Executive Officers to implement fiscal policy and procedures.
- Maintain finances of the organization.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual records and budgets to the board.
- Ensure accuracy in the maintenance of CA-ACME’s books, records and financial condition.
- Prepare and submit for approval CA-ACME’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Administer fiscal matters of the organization.
- Carry out special assignments as requested by the Board.
- Maintain records of paying members and event attendees. Provide updated lists to the Board.
- Ensure development and board review of financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that CA-ACME remains compliant with the IRS and reporting on the 501c3 status.
- Ensure all documentation is accurately completed and submitted at the state and federal levels.
- Participate in trainings when necessary.
- Assist committees when necessary.
- Maintain documents and registration forms on the official CA-ACME website.
- Distribute funds to CA-ACME scholarship awardees post scholarship deadline and when awardees are determined.
- Follow up with scholarship applicants in a timely manner.